Like it or not, Game of Thrones is back on our screens on Sky on Monday.
Prepare for more dramatic Facebook posts from obsessive friends on medieval love-triangles and speculation about who will be the next major character to lose a head.
We have created a fashion guide for three of our favourite G.O.T tribes that is so accurate that you could walk on set and they’ll think you are an extra! What clan are you, Night’s Watch, Targaryen or White Walker?!
You love grunge, feathers and tats. You only wear black. You are quite sensitive. Your clan includes a lot of hipsters; the Olsen Twins, Noel Fielding and Russell Brand. You are fiercely loyal and fond of crows and you probably own a dog, a big wolf-like dog. You know nothing.
You love boho, are fresh out of the nineties and are partial to a skimpy greek-style robe.
Every day is a toga party for you and you think more is more when it comes to jewellery.
Tribe members include Shakira, Sienna Miller and Nicole Ritchie. Fake tan and bleach are your two best buds and you have a loyal following of burly male aides.
GET THE LOOK
1. Orchid Pendant – John & Pearl
2. Embroidered silk-chiffon maxi dress –ALICE + OLIVIA
3. Daquiri Woven Ribbon Bracelet – John & Pearl
4. ‘Shona’ Gold Heeled Gladiator Sandals – Miista
People think you should chill out a bit, you take fashion way too seriously. Some people
think you are a bit cold and you love experimenting with coloured contacts.
Your tribe includes Lady Gaga and Jean Claude Van Damme (The resemblance is UNCANNY in the Coors Light advert!)
GET THE LOOK
1. ‘Lani’ Crystal Earrings – John & Pearl – £99
2. Eyelet-trimmed cotton-blend twill top – 3.1 PHILLIP LIM – £310
3. Polarised Sunglasses – Ray Ban – £188
4. ‘Rivington’ chain clutch bag in Silver Whistles – £85
5. Stan Smith trainers in white – Adidas – £87
Happy Easter from J&P! We love being creative, so to celebrate the season of guilt-free mass chocolate consumption, we created a little stop-motion Easter video! Click below to play.
To make your own dyed eggs for Easter there are some great tutorials about. For hard boiled edible eggs check out the tutorial on brilliant blog Honestly YUM.
We used hollowed hen eggs but duck eggs (which are white, not brown to begin with) will give a brighter colour.
To do them like ours, follow these steps:-
- Prick holes in either end of the egg with a large needle, making a larger hole at the wide part of the egg then from the egg’s pointy end, blow hard to push all the yolk and white out over a bowl.
- Next you dye them in a bath of food colouring. Mix up 2 tbsp of white vinegar to one cup of hot water and about 12 drops of food colouring. (I got impatient and brushed the dye on, hence the blue fingers!)
- When the eggs are dyed to the desired colour, remove and allow to dry then flick with metallic paint and glitter to created speckles.
For our video, we went the extra mile and sawed them in half to create our pop-open eggs. The sawing is not easy at all and I wouldn’t recommend trying as the shells are so delicate! We used a jewellers saw and micro-fine blade and broke a few in the process!
Have a go and make some fun mess! Our prep pics are below.
1. Prick holes in the eggs 2. Dye (or brush on dye)
3. Splatter with flecks (gold/blue etc) 4. Go create!
Thanks for reading! If you want to check out our jewels, please visit our website www.johnandpearl.co.uk